When looking for simple and delicious recipes to make around the holidays, I found lots of recipes for Monkey Bread.
I’ve never actually made Monkey Bread before and I don’t know why!? It is so good. I’ve been gluten free for over 9 years. This reminds me of how I remember cinnamon rolls before cutting out gluten. I like to try to find ways to substitute and make recipes gluten free when possible. I decided to use premade pizza dough in place of canned biscuit dough. And it worked out perfectly. This recipe is so popular and now it’s gluten free! This is a family favorite that’s perfect for New Years Day Breakfast, or really any Breakfast or Brunch.
2 14 oz bags of Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough or make your own GF dough
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
Glaze: 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2
cups powdered sugar, splash of milk
1. Cut pizza dough into 1/4 pieces
2. Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Toss into bag with the dough pieces and shake until evenly coated.
3. Pour into a spray baking pan.
4. Mix together melted butter and brown sugar. Pour over dough.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
6. While baking, whisk together glaze ingredients.
7. Flip over pan, let cool before drizzling on icing.