Moustapha’s parents took us to Maggiano’s last night on Post Oak. One of Moustapha’s 3 sisters joined us with her family. We had a great time celebrating Moustapha’s birthday. We ended the night with an impromptu dance session. It was fun. We are so thankful for Moustapha. He is a wonderful daddy, husband, friend, attorney and person. He is a genuinely good man with a heart of gold. Today and every day we are thankful for him and love him very much.
El Momma and Leeland
Miss Trinity telling us how to dance
Leeland and Jiddy enjoying the music
The “kids” dancing
we came to “dance dance dance”
look at that smile! so happy!
Candles and singing!
Maddux sporting a tie for the occasion
Birthday boy, Maddux, Jiddy, our nephew and Trinity
4. sitting on the chaise lounge of my couch watching the kids happily playing
5. when the darkness says “bedtime”
6. not worrying about the next paycheck
7. relaxing with my husband in a peaceful house
8. picking up my child from preschool and being told he had a great day
9. baking, baking and more baking. I really love to bake and seriously missed a huge passion when I had no kitchen. thank you, hubby for my gourmet kitchen and my 1960s restored stove. Love you!
10. Any time I get to spend in California or Hawaii. We were fortunate enough to be in both places in 2009. I loved every minute of both trips- even getting through airport security (which was a means to a happy end.)
11. Talking with my (almost) 1 year old daughter. Hearing her say “bye, bye, daddy,” “Hi, daddy,” “cheese”- when I take her picture! It’s like she decided to start talking yesterday and she suddenly knows 30 words. Wow!
12. Nursing Trinity. I don’t know how much longer we’ll do this, but it is such a sweet time for us. She has 5 teeth, but has learned pretty quickly that we don’t tolerate biting. 🙂
When I re-read this list, it is clear to me that I enjoy it when people sleep.